What is workplace learning?
Workplace learning is a way through which students gain practical experience and learn more about various career options. It is a way of learning and training that they receive while at work, and they get paid by their employers.
It is a structured work experience program that provides various opportunities for students to get some hands-on job experience or training. Workplace learning helps young people to make quick decisions when planning their transition through School to a fulfilling working life. It aims to help people build their knowledge and skills to do their jobs.
Workplace learning has become much more significant after the covid-19 pandemic. Businesses are even pressing to adapt their models and making their strategies to survive with workplace learning. Workplace learning isn't just about building skills; it’s about motivating people by giving them opportunities to learn and driving the employee's happiness after getting into the nature of their job.
Highlights of workplace learning-
2021 had a lot of things stored for us, especially on the learning part. According to a survey from LinkedIn learning platform insights and industry news, one thing has been clear that learning has taken centre stage. It is essential to help organisations develop the skills necessary to innovate in the new world of work. According to a report by LinkedIn, the workplace learning graph shows a massive rise in the learning and development of employees from 24% in March 2021 to 64% in June.
An employee report shows that 51% of Learning and development see internal mobility as more priority. This is a plus point because employees stay two times longer at companies with internal mobility compared to those who have not.
A measuring impact of learning report also shows that workplace learning takes a more significant role in reskilling workforces and various businesses. 27% of workplace learning globally report that employee survey scores measure the impact of learning up from 16% last year to 43% in the UK.
Benefits of workplace learning
Learning and what should be a top priority because it will occur irrespective of how it is administered. Through formal training, conduct, and diverse experiences, employees acquire and retain knowledge and skills every day. Taking this thing very seriously as a business owner is vital. It has the potential to either create or break the success of your company.
Here are some of the essential benefits of workplace learning-
- More effective onboarding- Try to make the beginning phase of your new employer last as long as possible. Many new employers' first impressions of how a company works are formed during the onboarding process itself. Thus, the overall goals of training and onboarding are to promote engagement, retention, performance, clarity, and culture by increasing belonging and safety. That's a significant achievement a company can gain.
- Structured knowledge sharing- Employees will have a consistent learning experience and correct baseline knowledge, and all credit goes to workplace learning and development programs in various companies. The uniformity of your company's basic rules and practices is especially significant, and it certainly helps if employees are informed about the company standards and its process. This happens with the help of regular training and by giving them some exposure to the content.
- Internal weaknesses improvement- Whether you like it or not, the majority of employees have certain flaws in the workplace. Thus, the main objective of training and development in the workplace is to provide them with opportunities to improve their abilities in specific fields.
- Employee engagement and motivation with the company- the truth is that when employees have access to continued training and development, they feel more appreciated and noticed. Emphasizing the value of on the job training fosters a positive work environment, and employees who feel valued and challenged are even more satisfied with their positions.
- Improvement in productivity and performance- training employees improves their ability to perform their job in a better way. It's significant because their confidence may be boosted through learning and development tools since they better understand their job duties. Workplace learning provides self-assurance that may encourage people to improve their performance and come up with fresh ideas.
These were some of the essential benefits of Workplace Learning. There are still many more aspects and advantages, which you’d be able to understand and figure out when you experience it personally.
Best Workplace learning courses-
After the covid pandemic hit the nation, almost all the business activities worldwide were postponed, and the in-person meetings were also cancelled. Workplace learning is emerging as one of the hardest hit business activities because companies can't simply halt the learning process.
But employee safety comes first, so to continue delivering the value-added efforts, experts are looking for various practical steps to consider so that they can establish and expand away from virtual learning.
It is taking
Here are some of the courses which you may find interesting as a part of workplace learning. Through these courses, you would be able to explore more and indulge in more workplace learning practices.
The best courses related to workplaces are listed down below that would prove very beneficial to you.
- Business Presentation Skills Training in PowerPoint– This course is all about creating professional business presentations with the help of Microsoft PowerPoint. Under this course, they will teach you how to present important data and insights logically through presentations. They also cover some significant areas, focusing on highlighting critical messages on slides, engaging storytelling using your presentations, implementing proper designing techniques, building communication skills, building a real-world presentation from scratch, etc. You will master all the skills in no time with the help of this workplace learning with live online classes and recorded videos.
- Data Analysis using TEXT Functions in Excel– The program revolves around learning essential Excel functions to do data manipulation, data cleaning and analysis using the TEXT Functions most importantly. Another this course, you'll be able to get a complete overview of Excel. You will learn data analysis in excel data manipulation data cleaning and the application of TEXT Functions in data analysis. The course contains recorded videos and a step-by-step learning process. Excel functions, you will learn about functions related to LEN, FIND, LEFT, CONCENTRATE, TRIM, FIND, SEARCH, IFERROR, IF, and so on. The course is very beneficial for workplace learning because taking this course is essential if you're into data analysis, taking this course is essential.
- Business Finance fundamentals for Entrepreneurs– The course is related to basic business Finance fundamentals that every entrepreneur should learn and understand. You will master how to create a new business finance model and be comfortable with various Finance terminologies. The course is brilliant in teaching you to start a business and financial model, identify fundamental values that drive your business, assess future business projections, estimate the external funding to be raised from investors, negotiate the equity dilution, and estimate the valuation of a business so on.
These are some of the introductory courses that would prove beneficial in your workplace. It’s better to have a workplace learning with these courses and stand out from other employees. Workplace learning is a tried and true method for businesses to ensure that their employees have current and future employment skills. These courses mentioned above have a structured way of learning, enhancing the employees' knowledge and skills to perform their jobs and increasing productivity.
How workplace training keeps employees interested in jobs
Employees receiving the necessary training are likely to perform better than those who have not received any training. The training also keeps employees interested in their jobs because of the boost in confidence and a more robust understanding of their career’s industry and responsibilities.
Employees become much more competent and keep the standards high to help your company hold a strong competitor within the industries. This is why workplace training keeps employees interested in their jobs. It includes creativity, productivity, and confidence as the top priority.
Let us see how Workplace Training are so interesting for employees-
- Improved Employees efficiency- An employee who better understands proper procedures and practices for the basic tasks can have much more efficiency. This keeps them engaged in their job because of the confidence that pushes them to perform even better and think of new ideas that can help Excel the company’s functioning. Continuous training also keeps your employees interested in their job because of various industry developments they can be a part of.
- Proper training and development- An appropriate training and development program makes sure that employees have a consistent experience and a piece of good background knowledge. This keeps the employees dedicated to their work because they prioritise consistency, particularly over anything. Employees are all aware of the expectations and procedures within the company, and by putting all these things together, an employee enjoys their task because of the exposure to the various information and productivity within the organisation.
- Employee Job Satisfaction- the employees are more confident and dedicated towards their work when they are satisfied. Interest leads to passion, and passion comes from employee satisfaction with access to training and development programs. The company’s training shows the employees are valued, and they create a supportive workplace.
Best Workplace training programs
There are so many training programs for workplace learning that can be very fruitful for you in your career. Finding a good and best training program is hard to find, and thus, we have listed a few of them below to make it easier for you.
They are as follows:
- The Data Analyst Skill Training with Excel- Under this training program, you'd be able to learn how to master Data Analysis and Visualisation in Excel. The course will make you understand data analytics functionalities in Excel, Logical Analysis, Driven decision-making, Applying Data Science on real-life datasets, Analysis through pivot tables, Data cleaning and improvisation methods, creating Data Automation reports by yourselves, and so on. The training program is very effective while teaching you the overview of Microsoft Excel and its functions.
- Financial modelling functions in Excel- The course is very beneficial in providing you with a proper understanding of all critical financial modelling functions in Excel. The system is mainly for all financial analysts. The workplace learning in the field of Financial Modeling through this course would be fruitful since they would be focusing on training you in these critical areas- EMI functions for Home loans, TSR aka Total Shareholder Returns, IRR, NPV, XIRR, MIRR, PMT, NPER, RATE, RRMT, IPMT Functions, the scenario of Modeling functions, and so on.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Online Tutorials- Another essential program for workplace learning is this one. The program is very beneficial in providing comprehensive knowledge covering critical topics such as Presenting the list of information in TABLES, beautifying presentations using DESIGN themes, Creating CHARTS for Data analysis, creating slides with various specifications, etc.
Scope of Workplace Learning-
The workplace is increasingly being used to acquire vocational knowledge. Learners might produce temporary solutions and then strive to secure those solutions by daily engagement in work assignments. This creates a massive range of opportunities for newbies who want to explore more and more options and choose the right job. In the workplace learning process, we also come across various employees’ creativity and their unique way of learning. This practice also builds a toolbox of goal-securing techniques over time.
Workplace learning plays a vital role in the success of business organisations because the professionals are responsible for the ongoing training, which makes employees better and passionate to deal with the functions of their job daily. Workplace learning matters the most because employees who lack some of the skills wouldn't be able to do their tasks properly. With the help of knowledge, the trainers would identify the deficiencies and help employed to acquire skills with proper training and education.